Monday, January 21, 2013

sitting in the middle of the teeter-totter

>>friends.


"for a reason, a season, or a lifetime."


>> after being home for Christmas break, I came across a harsh realization that I had neglected too many of my friendships from home.
It's nothing too serious, do not worry, but I feel as if I lost sight of the importance of these friendships and forgot how much these girls mean to me.
It is all too easy for me to get caught up in my life at APU that is full of busyness.
The busy of classes > work > relationships > responsibility > the list goes on...
I think the bigger problem here is that I feel as if I live in two different worlds sometimes

>more on this later<

 My life in Washington vs. My life in California: a constant battle.
 Balancing these two lives is difficult and I find myself all too often sitting right there in the middle of that teeter-totter trying to figure out how to live in both worlds at the same time.
I have now come to realize that it is not just the friendships in college that will last forever <as people often say> but the friendships that mean the most, no matter where they are, will last a lifetime.

>>so here is my apology:
to the friends that I miss.
to the friends that I promise to spend quality time with over the summer...
<oh, summer please do hurry on up>
and to the friendships that I know will last forever...

No comments:

Post a Comment