Sunday, July 29, 2012

Where the Butterflies Began.





It was around the end of July, 5 years ago that Teigen and I really first met and got to know each other down in Mexico on a missions trip. Some day I will take the time to blog our entire love story from beginning to...end? but as I was driving home tonight I began thinking about who we both were 5 years ago, who we are now, and even trying to remember what emotions I was feeling 5 years ago... 
This picture was the first picture we ever took together and isn't it a beaut. I have a solid excuse of being only 14 years old and on a mission trip, but it makes me smile at how young we both look. I can still vividly remember that older nice red head guy leaning in and asking if I wanted to take a picture with him (what a pick up line I tell ya.)
I had no idea that that picture would be the first of hundreds we would take together and that guy would soon steal my heart. Serving on that Mexico Mission trip not only gave me a heart of compassion for those in need, but God gave me a heart to love and serve this red head boy for the rest of my life.
 Soon after this picture was taken, a series of myspace messages would begin to surface, yes I said MySpace, and questions like "maybe we could get a group together to hang out sometime?" or "maybe I'll call you once I'm back home?" happened. Even though we had to face some challenges with age, school, and others opinions, we both knew that we couldn't deny the butterflies in our stomachs and thank God...

5 years ago I met my best friend and have continued to fall in love with him each day since.
Thanks for asking to take that picture with me T, even with braces and all. :).

1 comment:

  1. Makes me tear up a bit... You two seriously inspire me every day. Your mature and Godly relationship is one that I hope to model some day. Thank you for giving me such a great example of true love. I don't think I've really told you two enough how much I love your relationship, but as this 5 year mark comes up it makes me think about it, and how much I want you to know that you two inspire me. Love you both and can't wait to see where the NEXT five years take you :)

    ReplyDelete