Tuesday, January 29, 2013

A S T R O N O M Y is pretty cool bro!

For my astronomy class <which I absolutely LOVE by the way> we had to create a devotional connecting astronomy to Christianity. With a week before mine was due, I was researching what I wanted to write mine on and seeking out what I found to be the most interesting connection between this science and faith. As I was in Kaleo, <wednesday night chapel> this song by Charlie Hall came on and I immediately knew God was whispering to me...Here you go! Write about how GREAT I am...

>> Enjoy the video, my devotional is posted below. 




While listening closely to the verses of "Center" the other day, 
I found new meaning and revelation to the essence of the song, especially in 
relationship to astronomy. The song starts out:

      “You're the center of the universe,
Everything was made in You Jesus,
Breath of every living thing,
Everyone was made for You.”

It is amazing to me that the God that so delicately breathed life into my lungs also created the vast Universe. Charlie Hall's“Center" continues on to sing,

“You hold everything together,
    You hold everything together.”

Immediately after hearing these lyrics, the Anthropic Principle came to me and reminded me that God has control over every single element that keeps us alive and keeps the world in motion. I don't think we thank God enough for being in control of our world, in control of 
every.
single. 
element.

The rest of the song focuses on our response to God the Creator.

       “Christ be the center of our lives,
 Be the place we fix our eyes,
 Be the center of our lives,
 We lift our eyes to heaven,
 We wrap our lives around your life,
 We lift our eyes to heaven, to You.”

It seems silly and pretty pathetic to me, that I fail each day to place God at center of my life. For it is the same God that not only created the heavens, but also has the power to control each minor detail that allows our Solar System to continue to exist.

Colossians 1:16(msg) says, "For everything, absolutely everything, above and below, visible and invisible, rank after rank after rank of angels ­— everything got started in him and find its purpose in him. He was there before any of it came into existence and holds it all together right up to this moment.”

>>Why is it so easy for us to place everything but God at the center of our lives?

>>Why do we let these momentary materials to replace the God that created the Universe?

I believe that it is a commitment. A commitment to belong to the God that created us, and just as equally created the powerful Sun that heats our skin and the bright moon that guides our steps at night. 

>>So what will it take to neglect our worldly wants and needs, and lean on the God that created you and me?


No comments:

Post a Comment