Friday, August 10, 2012

The Trunk is Full.



Dear Summer,

"Here is to the nights we felt alive, 
here is to the tears you knew youd cry,
 here is to good bye, 
tomorrow is going to come too soon."

Love, me

Well, the trunk is full. Actually packed. If there was a max capacity for a little honda civic I would be breaking the law. But a girl needs her clothes, as well as her shoes, some wall decor, BBW hand soap, her tennis racket, some more shoes and her Ikea blanket of course!
Tomorrow morning at around 530 am, that little honda will be pulling out of my driveway and venturing out onto the grand I5 for a couple thousand miles...with three girls in the car and a lot of luggage...but no big deal.
Sacramento is our goal. That'll take us a little over 11 hours if we don't have around 5 pee stops, 3 Starbucks trips and the occasional "I am sick of driving, lets pull over..." So if we make it in 12 hours, I will be proud.

Wish us luck. I will miss you dearly Washington. Your yummy tap water, your fresh air, your familiarity, your lack of traffic, and the people whom you keep captive from me while I am in California. boo.

But its okay to be sad. My friend Maddie sent me a text that made it all make sense

"...its okay to be sad because it means you are blessed enough to have thing in your life worth missing"

Ain't that the truth.

Good night Washington.

I love you.

xo



No comments:

Post a Comment