Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Hello, my name is Anxious...nice to meet you.

picture from here // verse: Corinthians 7:17-30 MSG

    For as long as I can remember, I've always had this problem. No matter how blessed and fortunate I may be in my life, I am always, always looking forward to the next step in the future. 
If you were to meet little 8-year-old  Kaleen,you would know that she was dreaming far beyond high school and always wanted to be that cool and smart college girl. (haha and then the reality of college hit) 
If any of you know me at all today, you would know that I talk about "my wedding" "my kids" and "my future coffee shop" all the time. This has always been a part of who I am, but I am recognizing it a whole lot more lately. 

   This blunt but beautiful Bible verse above is found in 1 Corinthians chapter 7 and is modernized through the Message version. However anxious I am to be in the next stage of life, I need to start being thankful for where I am in life and need to soak in the reality that I only have this moment to live as a 19 year old. These words are heavy on my heart. I need to be present and live in the here and now. Not wishing that I was married with three kids already. That time will come and I will enjoy it then, when I am ready. 
As for this moment, Miss Anxious will be asked to leave the room and I will work to embrace who I am now. 


Because I am me,


Because I am here,


Because this is where I am supposed to be.

No comments:

Post a Comment