Friday, February 15, 2013

I'm all for a holiday that honors love through the consumption of chocolate.

Yesterday was Valentines day, one of the most outrageous holidays by far, but I am still a fan. I think that has a lot to do with my Valentine though. By the end of the night, both Teig and I agreed that it was our favorite Valentines day together out of all 6 of them!!

We also tried something new yesterday as a couple. We have both noticed that we spend way.too.much. time on our phones, especially during dates and therefore we made up the rule:

                                                       NO PHONES ON DATES!**



**except when taking pictures

And we absolutely loved it! This culture and our generation is held so captive to our phones, its a bit sickening.  To be without them and spend quality time together was better than any chocolate or flowers or jewelry (okay, maybe not that one) that I could have ever received. You should try it out!

Our night consisted of:
Teig giving me the H&M coat I had by drooling over for the past month or so,
Dinner at the Elephant Bar (double yum)
Seeing Identity Thief, nope try again. We were THOSE people who ended up seeing Safe Haven (good,but not great) because our first choice was sold out by the time we got to the theatre.

And the night ended with a single red rose and warm stroll down a vacant Victoria Gardens...

Our night was simple but perfect.



  
                I basically live in this coat now ^^                   Styling in his new kicks I picked out ^^



                                                         CLOSE YOUR EYES KIDS!

One of these days I'll start remembering to bring my nice Nikon along on these dates so that we do not have to settle for grainy IPhone pictures...

I hope you had a lovely valentines days! 

xo, K




No comments:

Post a Comment